The society „Waldviertler Heimatbund“ has its registered seat at Horn. Our activities mainly cover the Waldviertel, i.e. the north-western quarter of Lower Austria.
It’s for the benefit of the community and not profit oriented. We carry out regional and local research in and about the Waldviertel in all areas of regional and local history, art history, geography, and the natural sciences, the promotion of awareness of the regional and local history, the promotion and deepening of art and culture as well as the support of all efforts concerning the protection of monuments, the protection of the nature and the protection of the environment and further the regional planning.
What do we do?
- publication of the journal „Das Waldviertel“ and other publications
- organization of talks and symposia
- connections to societies which follow similar tasks
- maintenance and expansion of the Waldviertel-Bibliothek („Forest Quarter Library“) at the Horn Museums.
How do we finance our society activity?
- through membership fees
- through voluntary donations and other contributions
- through the earnings from the sale of our publications
- through subsidies